Macrodyne Technologies Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of large hydraulic presses, fully automated hydraulic press lines and related die handling equipment serving manufacturing companies in the automotive, aerospace, consumer, and industrial product sectors. We are currently searching for experienced Hydraulic Technicians for Field Service as outlined below.
The Hydraulic Technician involves inspection and assembly of hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic power units and hydraulic presses. The technician is also required to subsequently start-up & commission hydraulic presses and related automation both in our factory and in the field at the end user’s facility.
- Performs hydraulic assembly of such items as hydraulic components, piping & tubing, etc. in accordance with drawings and Plant Manager’s instructions.
- Owns & maintains a complete set of personal hand tools as required in the assembly process.
- Provides technical support to Programming in the start-up and in-house testing of equipment.
- Assists Shipping & Receiving in loading/unloading where necessary.
- Performs field service work as directed.
- Performs job duties in accordance with Macrodyne’s requirements and identifies any non-conformances or possibilities for improvement.
- Comply with all company safety procedures
This position requires individuals with 3 to 5+ years’ experience with large industrial machinery manufacturing. A foundation in hydraulic controls / pumps and associated process type systems is required.
Ideal candidates will be honest, cooperative, adaptive, autonomous, take responsibility for the projects they are assigned, pay attention to detail, possess a problem-solving attitude, be self-motivated, dynamic, analytical, and ready to do what it takes to get the job done.
The ability to travel domestically and internationally at short notice and to maintain composure in demanding production environments are key attributes that are required.
To be considered for this position, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Read schematic drawings, understand and trouble shoot hydraulic problems.
- Solid understanding of machinery safety principles
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and other technicians and use Microsoft standard products.
- Salary: $35.00 per hour
- Benefits package including:
- Extended health
- Vision care
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Schedule: 8-hour days
- Work Location: In person at 311 Connie Crescent, Concord, Ontario Canada, L4K 5R2
- Opportunities to travel all over North America
- Growing company with consistent work
- Room for advancement – mentorship & advancement opportunities
- On the job training (some certification costs paid by company)
- Opportunity to work with industry leading technology
- Employee appreciation events
- Paid uniforms, Safety boot allowance
- Diverse and exciting industrial customer base
Employment Equity & Accommodation for persons with Disabilities:
Macrodyne Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce.
Employment opportunity is offered to all persons equally regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age or sexual orientation.
We encourage job applicants with disabilities to apply for this position. If you are an applicant with a disability who requires accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources by telephone at 905 669-2253.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants who are qualified will be contacted.